• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Radiology: "With contrast"

Debra Lewis

Hi! I am studing for CPC and just need one clarification from Radiology section please. The "with contrast" statement . . . Does that include "injection" of contrast, as well as the "contrast material" itself . . Or do I code these separately? I appreciate your help!! Thanks for any advice! :) Debra L

Stephanie7480

The contrast itself would be billed by the facility and not the provider.
Do you have the actual coding scenario that you can post?

Sara Sickels

Hi! I am studing for CPC and just need one clarification from Radiology section please. The "with contrast" statement . . . Does that include "injection" of contrast, as well as the "contrast material" itself . . Or do I code these separately? I appreciate your help!! Thanks for any advice! :) Debra L
I worked at an independent MRI center for over 2 yrs. In our case because we were independent center we bundled our services so the patient never saw two bills, like they would have if they would have gone to the hospital. As for the contrast we never billed for the injection of the contrast, we only billed for the contrast itself.